Discussion Board Policy: The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of learners and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every learner is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
At a minimum, each learner will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least 2 other posts from learners. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Friday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Friday of each week. Learners are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in 2-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
Part 1 What do you think are the differences between analyzing the instructional needs of a learner in a traditional K12 school versus analyzing the instructional needs of a working adult in a corporate or higher education setting? What areas of needs analysis might be similar?
- How might you use the cognitive taxonomy to ensure that the identified instructional needs will be addressed during the instruction?
- How might you apply the affective taxonomy to ensure that identified instructional needs, in this domain, will be addressed during instructional activities?
- What examples support your thoughts?
- Do you consider yourself a lifelong learner?
- How do you determine your own instructional needs?
- Why is it important to an instructional designer to think of an audience of individuals, rather than an audience as a homogeneous group?
- What are some ways through which you can differentiate an assignment to move from general audience to specific individualized audience?
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.
“Struggling with a similar assignment?”
Place an order below and we’ll get it done within the deadline selected.